It is difficult to find out which of the solutions mentioned above are best-fitting to your organization. Here is a decision patter that will enable to find out the best MOODLE platform for your institution:
Here are some questions you should ask yourself to come to a decision:
- How large is the number and type of courses that will be held in the platform?
- How many students (learners) will be involved?
- What are the IT skills of the trainer(s) and/or the person who will act as the administrator of the learning platform?
- What is the typical characteristics of the learning materials (Multimedia, simple text, …)?
- How much disk space will be required (That is relevant for hosting)?
- How large is the bandwidth requirements for data transfer?
- How big is the budget allocated to the installation and maintenance of the platform?