This project developes a teachers’ toolbox to assist teachers (and trainers) to create high quality Distance Learning courses.
This is a sophisticated (well elaborated, useful, versatile for various subjects, and labour saving) teacher’s tool to create Online Distance Learning courses using the knowledge and experience developed in the project. It‘s web-based and a in-house development of the consortium providing an outreach of current discourse and future trends.
The toolbox provides an intelligent user interface with a database driven programming behind. This toolbox simplifies the course generation for the teachers and offer the access to higher teaching quality and better learning outcomes.
Features of the toolbox:
- Selection of possible interactive eTivities (following the concept of G. Salmon, Australia) with special focus on collaboration between students, a complete description of each eTivity with instructional design hints and possible assignment methods (if applicable for
- Proposal of the course structure including pedagogical hints
- Proposal for the used quality criteria and valuable quality cycles (selected from the developed quality framework)
- Checklists for teachers covering
- course preparation
- course execution and
- assessments and evaluation of taught competences
- Material for the course evaluation
- Tool for easy definition of competence based course outcomes
- Tool for using self-evaluation mandalas including the templates to define the necessary competence description
- Various checklists like
- Checklist to evaluate the definition of competence based course outcomes
- Checklist for the quality enhancement process in a course definition
- Checklist for learner-centered activities in courses
All material can be downloaded and printed. The used language is English.